- Peel, wash and then grate carrots.
- Heat a thick bottomed pan. Add grated carrots and milk. Bring it to a boil and then reduce flame, cook for about 20 minutes until all the milk is absorbed.
- Add clarified butter (ghee) in it and stir constantly on medium flame for 10-15 minutes untill carrots are golden in color.
- Add sugar. Stir constantly while continuing to cook.
- Once all the water is evaporated, remove from heat and mix khoya.
- Garnish with sliced almonds, cashew nuts and raisins.
Gajar halwa is relished hot as well as cold.