To prepare the stuffing:
Put all the ingredients in a saucepan. Add three to four tbsp. water. Keep stirring on a low heat till the sugar has melted. Remove from heat. Keep aside to cool.
To prepare the pancakes:
- Boil and mash the sweet potatoes. Add singhara flour, grated coconut, cardamom powder and salt. Mix well. Add enough water to mix to a batter of dropping consistency.
- Heat a tava. Smear a little ghee.
- Pour 1/3 to 1/2 cup of the prepared batter over it and spread thinly to cover the surface.
- Cook on both sides till golden brown. Remove from heat.
- Spread two tbsp. of the coconut stuffing in the centre of the pancake. Roll them in a cylindrical shape.
- Arrange the pancakes in a plate.
- Pour one tbsp. fresh cream on each roll before serving.