- 2 cups Gram flour
- 1 tsp Red Chili Powder
- ½ tsp Turmeric Powder
- ½ tsp Asafoetida
- Vegetable Oil for frying
- Salt to taste
- bunch Cumin Seeds, for tempering
- bunch Mustard seeds (black), for tempering
- 3 cups Coriander leaves, chopped
- Mix all the ingredients with enough water to get thick batter consistency. Set aside for 5 minutes.
- Spread some oil on a plate and pour the mixture on top of it.
- Steam this mixture in a vessel for about seven minutes. The Tikki should be properly cooked at this time. Adjust steaming time if necessary.
- Remove tikki from the plate and let it cool down before cutting into small square pieces.
- Heat oil in Kadai and add some mustard and cumin seeds. Once the seeds are tempered, add the tikkis and sautÃ© for couple of minutes.