- Combine sugar + water & lemon juice & make a thick syrup.
- Just before removing from heat add the Orange blossom water & allow it to cool.
- In another sauce pan heat milk & add rice flour & keep whisking with a hand whisker so no lumps form
- Add heavy cream, cheese & sugar & lower the heat to simmer for 10 min
- Just before removing add Orange blossom water, stir & remove from heat.
- Set the Syrup & filling aside.
- Defrost ur pastry & remove from the box making sure to keep it covered with a wet cloth so it does not dry out.
- brush each 2 strips with butter on the top facing.
- put one strip on another in a cross form, put a tbsp of filling in the centre of the cross and top it with jam.
- Fold One side of one strip on another strips side & the other on the first strip & make a square shape pastry.
- Brush with butter on the out side. Do this until all ur pastry & filling is finished & keep putting them on a baking tray brushed with butter.
- Bake in the oven for approx 40 min or until golden and crisp.
- Drizzle with syrup (don't soak them for to long in syrup or else they become soggy )then dust with powdered sugar & serve hot or cold.
Extra syrup can be put on the side for everyone to help them selves.
these pastries r very fragile so u have to be careful & keep them covered when not using them.