Recipe by Simron of
Can be served as a sweet dish during lunch or diner or even with tea..
1 cup vermicilli
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup fresh grated coconut
ghee as desired
raisins and cashewnuts for garnishing
3-4 cardomoms pods
pinch of nutmeg powder (optional)
1/2 cup milk (optional)
2 cups water
pinch of salt
1. Roast the vermicilli until becomes light with or without ghee as desired.
2. Add it to boiling water.
3. When the water is soaked up add salt, milk and ghee.
4. Cook till the sugar syrup is soaked. Add cardamom and nutmeg powder.
5. Garnish with raisins and cashewnuts.
6. Remove from flame and add the grated coconut.
7. You can add ghee for extra flavor.
8. Serve hot.