Healthy yummy pulav
Recipe by shruti of Baroda, IN
- 1 cup beetroot finely chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped spinach
- 1/2 cup vegetables – carrot, corn
- 2 cups basmati rice
- 1/2 cup sliced onion
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 cardamom
- 1 tbsp Ghee/oil
- 1 tsp coriander seeds
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 4-5 cloves
- 1″ cinnamon
- 1 and 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tbsp ginger & garlic paste
- Salt as per taste
1. Heat oil and add coriander seeds, cumin seeds, cloves, cinnamon. Grind to a smooth paste with ginger and garlic.
2. Heat a little ghee and add bay leaves, cardamom, onion, spice paste. Fry till onions turn slightly brownish.
3. Add chopped beetroot, fry for a minute. Pour in about 2 tbl spns water, cover and cook for about 2-3mins (helps in cooking beetroot faster) till water is absorbed.
4. Now add rice and all other vegetables, spinach and fry for few minutes.
5. Add salt, chili powder, about 4 cups water. Mix well.
6. Cover and cook on a medium heat till done.
7. Serve hot with a cool raita.