- Clean, remove skin and debone chicken. Cut each leg into 4 pieces - 24 tikka in all.
- Whisk yoghurt in a large bowl, add the remaining ingredients and mix
well. Rub the chicken pieces with this mixture. Keep aside for 3 1/2
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Skewer the marinated tikka at least an inch apart. Keep a tray
underneath to collect the drippings.
- Roast in a moderately hot tandoor for 6-7 minutes, basting at least
once. In a charcoal grill, for about the same time, basting once. In
a pre-heated oven, roast the tikka for 8-10 minutes, basting at least
twice. Make sure that the chicken does not touch the sides or the
bottom of the oven.
Note: a tasty variation of the Murgh Tikka is the Tikka Harra Bharra
(Tikka, green all over), made with the addition of mint and coriander
paste (3 tbsp.) to the marinade.