- Dry roast coriander seeds and Bengal gram dal till golden brown in colour.
- Add 1 tsp of oil and add hing to it and then add red chillies nad roast them.
- Once the above items cools grind it to a fine powder. Now the curry powder is ready.
Method to make vaangibath.
- Cut brinjals into small pieces.
- Add tbsp of oil in the kadai and aloow it to heat up.
- Now add mustard seeds and allow it to splutter.
- Add the brinjals and crystal salt
- Now add ¼ of water and close the kadai.
- Stir occasionally. Brinjals must be well cooke.
- Once the brinjals are cooked add 2-3 spoons of curry powder and mix well.
- Keep this on a low flame for 5-7 mins.
- Spread the rice in a plate and pour the gravy to it.
- Mix rice and the gravy such that both mixes well.
- Now add ghee and this for 2 hrs.
- Vaangibath is ready to serve.(serve it with a raita of your choice)
Note: This rice can been taken hot but after allowing for few hours it tastes very good.