- Chop onions,curry leaves,green chillis and ginger finely.
- Soak chana dal for half an hour in warm water.
- Heat oil and splutter mustard,urad dal.add green chillies,curry leaves and ginger.saute for a minute.
- Add this to the batter along with chopped onions.check whether salt is needed.if so,add it.
- If the batter is more sour,add 1/2 tsp sugar and more of green chillies.green chillies lessen sourness.
- Add soaked chana dal to the batter.Mix well.
- Rub the paniyaram mould(Pan) with onion and oil.Heat them,add 3/4th batter to it.
- Drizzle oil over it. and it will be cooked well and not sticky with the sides.
- Close the lid so that it will be cooked well.
- Flap it with the thin long spoon or long needle which u used to take out jilebi or murukku to other side.
- Both sides becomes brownish and crispy too.
- Not much oil is good for health.Kuzhipaniyaram is ready.Serve hot with chutney.
Note:11/2 cup parboiled rice,1 cup raw rice,1/2 cup urad dal,fenugreek 1 tsp.wash and soak them for 2 hrs.Grind urad,rice seperately and at last mix them by adding salt.ferment overnight.This measure comes out well.