- Marinate the shelled and de-veined shrimps in vinegar and salt for about 5-10 minutes.
- In a pan, heat the oil and cook the shrimps for just 5 minutes till they turn white.Now drain out the shrimps and dry them on a plate.
- Melt butter in a pot. Add the finely chopped onion and saute until pink.Add the white flour and stir on a high flame till the mixture turns a little golden.Stir in the milk slowly and keep mixing to avoid lumps from forming.
- The mixture will start to thicken. To this add the green chillies, corriander,salt, pepper, cheese cubes and the shrimps.
- When the mixture turns creamy and thick, take it off the fire.
- In a shallow, large bottomed bowl or dish, pour in hot water.
- Immerse the rice paper in this water for about 5-6 seconds and take it out. Place this rice paper on a Kitchen Towel and drain excess water.
- Spoon out some of the shrimp mixture and place it in the middle of the rice paper length-wise.
- Roll in both the edges of the rice paper over the mixture to make like a burrito or a spring roll.
- Now roll it again in the horizontal direction to about the size of a fist.
- These parcels can be enjoyed fresh or they can also be deep fried like spring rolls.
Serving Suggestions: Serve with any chilli sauce or dips like mint dip, chilli dip or even chutney.
Note: Rice paper is usually available in the supermarkets. Alternatively, these rolls can also be made using a white flour dough. roll the dough out like a chappatti and place the filling inside. Roll in the similar fashion as detailed above and deep-fry.the shrimp mixture can be used as fillings for samosas and spring rolls as well.