1. Heat oil in a pan. Add Hing & Mustard seeds. When the seeds
crackle, add Red Chillies & Curry leaves.
2. Add Water to it. Add the Dal & bring to a boil.
3. When the dal is slightly done, add Tamarind pulp, Turmeric
powder, Bisi bele Bhat powder, Salt & Vegetables.
4. When the Dal & Vegetables are half done, add washed Rice &
5. Stir the ingredients every other minute as it sticks to the
bottom untill it is removed from the fire.
6. The mixture begins to thicken when the Rice is cooking. Add
little by little extra hot water until the rice is completely
cooked & it is semi-liquid cosistency.
7. Remove from the fire. Add Ghee to it & cover with a lid for
8. Serve hot with Raita or potato chips.