A delicious and creamy kulfi
Recipe by Suman Sharma of
You may also try a variation with kaju and pista.Elaichi powder may also be added.
- 1 liter Milk
- 1 cup Raw Cream
- ¾ cup Sugar, to taste
- ½ cup Dry Milk
- 5 slices White Bread, edges cut
- 1 pinch Saffron, soaked in milk
- 10 nos. Cashews
- 10 nos. Almonds
1. Heat the milk in a pan till it boils.
2. Add the sugar and the milk powder and stir well.
3. Constantly stir the mixture till it reduces to about three-fourths.
4. Take the mixture off the gas and then add the bread slices.
5. In a blender, make a paste of the almonds(baadam)and cashewnuts(kaju).
6. Add the cooled mixture and the kesar and blend for about a minute or two.
7. Add the cream in the blender.
8. Mix it in the blender for 10-15 seconds.
9. Pour in the kulfi moulds and deep freeze.
10. Delicious kulfi will be ready to serve in about 3-4 hours.