- First of all, you will have to cut off the fins of the pomfret. Keep the tail as it is.
- Make fine slits with your knife on both sides of the pomfret's body and clean the stomach of the fish.
- After cleaning and washing the stomach of the fish, also make an opening or a partition from below. Precisely from her mouth to tail at the bottom. This will divide the fish into two halves without splitting it. You need to make sure that the pomfret is not cut into two pieces.
- Mix ginger-garlic paste, tamarind juice, chilli powder, turmeric powder and salt in one separate bowl.
- Fill this mixed paste into the finely cut gaps of your pomfret. Fill this paste in the cut belly of the fish as well.
- Sew the belly with a needle and thread if you like.
- Heat a deep frying pan filled with refined oil. Let it heat for a while.
- Now add your pompfret into the pan for frying.
- Make sure that the fish is completely immersed in oil.
- Turn your gas flame low and put on a lid on top.
- Let it fry on low flame for 5 mins.
- Now remove the lid and turn it over.
- You can now fry it on high flame for another 5 mins to make it crispy.
Try to insert a knife into the fish while it is frying. If the knife goes in quickly. It is a sign that your fish is ready to be served.
If you want your fish to be more crispy, cover it with some Rawa/Sooji after your MASALA is applied and then immerse it for frying.