a quick snacky item
Recipe by Sejal Shah of
very easy to make
- 1 bunch of Methi (fenugreek) leaves
- 1 small bunch of Cilantro leaves
- 3 to 4 Chillies minced
- 1 tablespoon Red Chilli powder
- 1/4 tablespoon Haldi powder
- 1 cup Wheat Flour
- 1-1/2 cup Besan
- 1/4 tbsp Cooking Soda
- 2-3 tbsp of Curd (you can add more if you want)
- 1/2 tbsp Sugar
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- Salt to taste
- Wash and clean the methi leaves and cilantro leaves and chop them.
- In a bowl add cut leaves and all the above ingredients except the soda and make a batter.
- See to it that the batter should be the one like you make vadas , it should not be thin otherwise you won't be able to fry the pakoras.
- You can add a little water to make it thin. But not very thin remember.
- Add 1-1/2 tablespoon of oil in the batter and mix the soda and stir it very well.
- Put oil in a kadai and make small balls with hand just the way you fry any pakoras and fry it till crispy brown.
- Serve hot with cilantro chutney..Enjoy.