- Mix all the ingredients of stuffing in a bowl with water and keep it aside for 20 mins. Amount of water used should be just enough to moisten the stuffing well. This helps the dry sago to soak the water content of the stuffing and get softened.
- Make 12 equal portions of the stuffing for making 12 rolls.
- Take a slice of bread on the palm and sprinkle salted water and press it in between palms to remove excess water.
- Place 1 portion of the stuffing on the bread and roll it up to make a ball.
- Follow the same method to make all the 12 rolls ready.
- In a bowl add all the ingredients of dipping batter and keep the batter ready.
- Heat Oil in a frying pan Dip the rolls in the batter and and deep fry them golden brown (only 2 at a time)
- Serve them hot with any hot drink.
In case you cannot find Sago in your local market, you can use Tapioca flour for much of the same effect.