Recipe by Lata Anand of Santa Clara, US
This is a simple to do recipe with extraordinary flavors.
An original recipe of mine was a well kept secret till now.
(You can prepare this without paneer too)
2 Green Bell Peppers (Capsicum)
2 medium onions
200 gm paneer
1Â½ tbs. garlic paste
1 tbs. ginger paste
1 tbs. coriander powder
1 tbs red chili powder
Â½ tbs. turmeric powder
Â½ tbs. cumin powder
Â½ tbs. garam masala
8 tbs.(3/4 cup) roasted peanut powder)
1 cup coconut milk
4 tbs. oil (butter)
1. Cut capsicum, onions, paneer into strips.
2. Heat oil in fry pan lightly and deep fry the paneer, keep aside.
3. Heat 2 tbs. oil in a fry pan, add onions and cook for 2 to 4 minutes in medium-high heat.
4. Add capsicum and cook 8 to 10 minutes. Keep aside.
5. Heat 2 tbs. oil in a fry pan, add garlic and ginger paste and stir fry
over a medium-high heat.
6. Mix all the spices together (with Â¼ cups water)and dry roast over medium
heat for 8 to 10 minutes. Then add roasted peanut powder and stir for 2 minutes.
7. Add coconut milk, capsicum-onions and paneer.
8. Cook 10 to 15 minutes in low heat.
Serve hot with a :)