Recipe by Lata Anand of Santa Clara, US
This is vegetarian adaption of the popular non vegetarian dish,
Chicken Do Pyaza
250 gm Paneer
1 cup Onion paste
Â¼ tsp. Black mustard
2 leaves of Bay leaves
1 tbs. Garlic paste
1 tbs.Ginger paste
1 tbs. Green chili paste
Â½ cup Cilantro (Coriander Leaves)
1 tbs. Coriander powder
1 tbs. Red chili powder
1 tsp Turmeric powder
2 tsp. Garam masala (preferably Goldy or MDH brand)
2 tbs. Curd
Â¾ cups Tomatoes
4 tbs. Cream
1. Cut paneer into 1" square pieces.
2. Heat oil in fry pan lightly deep fry the paneer, keep aside.
3. Heat 2 tbs. oil in a fry pan, put black mustard, bay leaves and onions paste;
cook for 5 minutes in medium high heat
4. Add garlic,ginger and green chili paste. Stir for 5 minutes.
Then add turmeric, coriander, red chili powder and stir for 3 minutes,
add garam masala and keep frying over medium heat for 8 to 10 minutes.
5. Add curd and cook for 3 to 5 minutes.
Add tomatoes and green coriander paste and fry for 5 minutes.
6. Now add paneer and cook for 15 to 20 minutes on low heat.
7. Combine cream and remove from heat.
Serve hot with a :)