- Blend together, 1 onion, chillies, 1/2 coriander, 4-5 pieces potato, 3 tbsp. water, 2 pods of garlic, 2 tsp khus khus and coconut. Keep aside.
- Heat oil in a heavy pan, add cashew, dals, and fry for a minute.
- Add seeds, asafoetida and allow to splutter.
- Add onions, stir fry till pink and tender. Add ground paste, potatoes,all veggies and 2 cups water.
- Bring to a boil, simmer for 5-7 minutes till the gravy becomes thick.
- Add turmeric, salt, sugar, coriander, curry leaves, lemon juice, and stir. Simmer further 2 minutes. Remove from fire.
- Serve hot with rava idlis and chutney.
PS you can add 1tbsp of curd before removing from pan to get the tangy taste.