Make a thickish batter of the 1/2 cup besan with onion, green chillies, cilantro, ajwain and salt. Deep fry little rounds , drain on paper & cool.
- Beat the sour curds to a very fine consistency and add 4 cups of water to it.
- Mix 1/4 cup besan with a little cold water and make a fine paste.
- Add this to the curd with salt and haldi powder.
- Cook this on a very low flame (otherwise the mixture will seperate) for 5 minutes.
- In a kadhai, heat 2 tsp oil and add the mustard seeds and allow to splutter.
- Make a paste of green chillies, jeera and ginger and add it to the oil followed by red chillies, curry leaves and hing.
- Stir for 1 minute - let this cool and then add to the simmering curd mixture.
- Meanwhile boil all the vegetables till half done and add to the kadhi along with the masala and pakoras.
Simmer for 10-12 minutes -The indication to stop cooking is when the kadhi is boiling.The consistency should be rather light.