- Cut Cayote into pieces & boil them. keep aside.
- Grind Coconut, cumin seeds & green chillies with little water untill it is smooth.
- Heat Oil in a kadai. Add Hing & mustard seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add Urad dal, Channa dal, Curry leaves & Dry red chillies. Fry untill the dal's turn light brown.
- Add in the boiled Cayote pieces & fry for a minute.
- Add the ground paste with little water to get an consistency of a gravy. Boil for 5-6 mins.
- Add Salt, mix well.
- Serve with Plain Rice just like Rasam or Sambar. By keeping the consistency thick, it can be served with Chapati.
Note : Can add any other vegetables like potato, papdi, white pumpkin, etc.