- Clean and de-vein the prawns and keep aside.
- Heat a thick base pan, add oil and splutter the mustard seeds.
- Add the sliced shallots, saute for 1 minute .
- Add sliced green chillies, chopped ginger, curry leaves and saute till the shallots begins to turn brown.
- Now add turmeric saute for a minute, then add corriander powder and again saute for another minute.
- Reduce the flame and add red chilli powder. take care not to burn the chilli, it spoils the taste.
- Now add a cup of water followed by tarmarind and salt to taste.
- Allow to boil.
- Now you can add the prawns ,stir gently and place the lid and allow to cook in low flame.
- Stir ocassionly... when the gravy get thick, remove the curry from the flame.
Please note:- -This curry tastes delicious when prepared in mud vessel. -If you can get tarmarind that is used in south indian fish curries ...this recipes get really tasty. -if the prawns is processed and refrigerated....after cleaning, fry them in oil seperately (without adding spices) and remove excess oil and you can add them into the curry.