- Soak tamarind in water and take out the thick pulp in 1 cup water.Again take out second time with 1/2 cup water.
- When tamarind water starts boiling add 2 cups of water and add tomato & boil it.
- Meanwhile,heat ghee, splutter mustard, fenugreek seeds, red chillis, tuvar dal, curry leaves and hing.
- Add this seasoned ingredients to the rasam just before removing rasam from the flame.
- Add jaggery, coriander leaves and salt.Mix well. Goddu rasam is ready.
- Serve hot with rice and appalam.
Note:If u add 2 tomatoes please reduce the tamarind quantity.