flat puris stuffed with potatoes,spice powders,chutneys,sev
Recipe by rajeswari of pune, IN
1. Puri: Mix rawa,soda,salt,maida with ice water and knead the dough to siighty elastic consistency. Apply oil and cover and keep aside for 20 min.
2. Make a big round shape with the rolling pin and press round shaped small lid or bottle cap & make more puri shapes.Around 45 puris u can make.
3. Deep fry the puris to fluffy,light brown & crispy.Remove them and drain them on the tissue paper.Don't keep puris one above the other.spread them.After it cools down,store it in air tight container.
4. In a pan mash the potatoes and add salt.it.Mix them.
5. Take 6 puris in a plate.Make a hole in the centre and add a tsp of mashed or diced potato,sprinkle red chilli powder, jeera powder, chaat masala, a pinch kala namak, chopped onion, anardhana powder, green chutney, sweet and sour chutney, fine sev and coriander leaves.
6. Serve immediately.
Note: Katta mita chutney: Soak lemon sized tamarind,10 dates & 2 red chillis in hot water.Grind them by adding ½ cup water and to a smooth paste.11/2 cups water can be added after grinding and sieve them and Add 1/4 cup jaggery,1/2 tsp dry ginger powder,1/2 tsp jeera powder and boil them till it thickens.(not too thin or thick).1/2 tsp.kala namak can be added to the sweet chutney.u can store the chutney in air tight container in the fridge.Jaggery depends on the sweetness of the dates.can be stored in airtight container in the fridge.
Green Chutney:1/2 cup mint leaves,1/2 cup coriander leaves,1/2 inch ginger,2 green chilli,grind them to a smooth paste by adding little water.Add salt and ½ tsp lime juice.Chutneys can be stored in airtight container in the fridge.
u can add dry peas(ragda) or sprouted moong or chickpeas.spice powders quantity depends on ur taste.if dry peas then take 2 tbsp of boiled and cooked hot ragda.Soak yellow dry peas overnight.Pressure cook them with salt for 3-4 whistles.In a kadai,add the peas,mash them,add little water & boil for sometime