- In a non stick deep dish pan add little oil.
- On a low medium heat add cumin seeds, bay leaf, cloves, dalchini.
- When the oil is infused with all dry spices. Add carrots and peas.
- Let them cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add rice to the pan and add salt.
- Add water to the pan with tbsp of lemon juice.
- Let the rice cook for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Enjoy the shahi pulao. Serve them on rice plate but take out the tej pata and cinnamon stick before serving.
Lemon is key ingredient here, it gives little citrus flavor to the rice and protects rice to stick to the pan. Cinnamon and tej pata gives so much of flavor and odour to the rice that you will remember the special rice order you eat in fancy restaurants. Neighbors will be dropping in anytime...