1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Spray the baking loaf tray with nonstick cooking spray
2. In the mean time, set 4-5 cups of water over medium heat.
3. Separate the eggs, putting the whites in a separate bowl and egg yolks in separate bowl.
4. Using a hand mixer, whip the egg whites until they hold stiff peaks and set aside.
5. Add the sugar and ½ tsp of vanilla essence to the yolks, and beat until the sugar is dissolved and the color has turned a pale yellow.
6. Sift in the flour and salt and mix well.
7. Add the milk and stir until combined with hand mixer.
8. Add the orange zest and juice and saffron water and mix well.
9. Now fold the egg whites into the yolk mixture.
10. Mix egg mixture into flour mixture and add almonds. Toss into the mixture well but do not over mix it.
11. Pour the batter in a baking loaf tray. Place the tray into slightly baking dish and pour in hot water until iin t reaches halfway up the sides of the baking loaf tray.
12. Bake the cake until set, about 20 to 22 minutes.
13. Remove the tray from the water bath and let cool a bit before serving.
14. Slice them and serve with hot tea or coffee.