Vaghareli Khichdi (Spicy Khichdi with vegetables)
By: Mr Shah of BOGOTA, US
Combination of rice and vegies authentic gujarati style
Filed in Rice Dishes
Serves 2 people
1. Wash rice and moong dal in running water. Soak in 2 cups of water and keep aside.
2. In a big pan, heat butter /ghee. When it is hot, add all the masalas and stir-fry for about a minute.
3. Add rice and mung dal along with the water. Stir in vegetables and salt.
4. Increase the heat to medium high. Let the khichdi boil for 3 minutes.
5. Reduce the heat to low, cover the pan and cook for 8-10 minutes until khichdi is cooked. Khichdi is done when all the water is absorbed.
6. Enjoy it with yogurt or potato curry