- Wash only once the rice and the urad dal,methidana seperately.
- Soak for 2 hours in hot pack rice seperately and dal,methidana together.
- Grind Rice slightly coarsely (one step before soft) by adding enough water now and then.
- Grind Urad dal into smooth paste by sprinkle water frequently so that the urad dal puffs up.
- mix them together and add salt and 2 tsp gingely oil.Gingely oil is added as it gives softness to idlis.
- Keep them in 2 casserole.it will ferment faster.can use any container.it takes 8 hrs for fermenting.after its fermented use the top portion for idli and the bottom portion for dosa.u will get very well.
- Grease gingely oil in the idli plate and fill 3/4th batter.
- Steam them for 10 minutes.Take out after 3 minutes.
- Show back side of the idli plate and wash in water.the idli comes out well without sticking in the plate.
- Soft and pluffy idli is ready.
- Take milagaipodi with gingely oil and 2 tsp water.Dip idli in it evenly.
- Idli will be softer even if you eat after 6 hrs.Ideal while travelling.
For dosa:the same batter is used for dosa.If u want Crispy,do not add water.just spread the dosa.if u want soft dosa add water.u don't have to grind smooth the rice.This proportion comes out exactly for idli and dosa.