- Wash and drain the poha. Soak in tamarind water for 5 minutes.Water should be only till the level of poha.
- Heat oil and roast dania, jeera, pepper, red chilli, black till, curry leaves.
- Grind them with haldi and coconut coarsely and make dry powder.
- Heat oil in a kadai and splutter mustard, add urad dal, chana dal. let it becomes golden brown and add curry leaves.
- Add Poha, grounded powder. Saute for 3-4 minutes.
- Add salt. Mix well.
- Puli aval upma is ready.
Note:U can grind imli instead of soaking