- Dissolve jaggery in hot water completely.
- Add wheat flour,rawa,elaichi powder & dry ginger powder and mix well to the jaggery water.
- Make the batter to dosa batter consistency by adding enough water and add coconut.
- Take Paniyaram mould and heat it.Add ghee to it or smear ghee on the mould and pour the batter and then pour 1/2 - 1 tsp ghee for each and every mould.
- If one side has become golden brown,turn it to the other side.
- It automatically leaves space to turn.Shallow fry both sides of golden brown colour.Crispy and fluffy appam is ready.
Another method:1 cup raw rice,2 tsp wheat flour,2 tsp urad dal,elaichi powder,coconut,less water for grinding,ghee or oil for deep frying but ghee gives good taste
1. Wash rice and urad dal and soak it for an hour.Grind it with coconut and at the end add jaggery and wheat flour and elaichi and grind.Heat oil or ghee in appam mould and pour 3/4th batter and after it turns brown turn it to other side.U can deep fry or shallow fry.Note:If u don't have appam mould u can deep fry in regular kadai.