- Heat 1 tbsp of oil in a khadai and fry pepper,curry leaves,urd dal,red chillies and tamarind pulp.
- Allow the mixture to cool and grind in a mixture grinder with required water to fine paste.
- Once heat the oil and add garlic to it and fry for 2 mins.
- Add water and boil the garlic. Once the garlic are soft add the ground paste to it and mix well.
- Now add required salt and water and allow it to boil for 3 mins.
- The gravy must be semi solid so adjust the water accordingly.
- Take it in bowl and season with mustard seeds.
- Srve hot with steamed rice with Paruppu Usilly or papad.
Note: You can increase or decrease both pepper and red chillies according to taste. If you are giving to new mothers don't add red chillies and only add half of amount of pepper.