Recipe by Chitra Ahluwalia Pal of New York, US
Spicy Mattar Mushroom Dish
1. In a non stick pan add 2tbsp of oil
2. Now add diced onions and cook for brown color.
3. Now add garlic and stir. Cook for 1 minute to cook rawness of garlic.
4. Now add Peas and sauté them till they are half cooked.
5. Add Mushroom and stir fry them in the same mixture.
6. Now add Salt, red chili, turmeric, coriander powder.
7. Cook and then add tomato puree.
8. Add cardamom’s and add ½ cup of cream, stir and cook with lid on till it is cooked thoroughly.
9. Turn off the heat, add cashews to the mixture.
10. Serve hot with butter naan, garnish with dhaniya leaves.