Ingredients for garam masala:
1.Soak the green peas in water overnight or before 6 hours.
2. Cook the peas in a pressure cooker with the same water along with the potatoes.(Do not pour the cooked water into waste).
3. Peel off the outer skin of the potatoes and mash them, keep aside.
4. Heat cocount oil in a pan and put the cut chillies and onions and fry until golden color.
5. Add the peas and mashed potatoes and pour enough of the cooked water and stir in the mixure. If required pour some more water.
6. If the gravy is so liguid in texture add the besan flour paste ( mix the flour with a little bit of water and make a paste) to make it thick.
7. Finally put the garam masala (expalined below) and switch off the heat and after a while add the lime juice.
Serve hot with idlis.
GARAM MASALA 1. Dry roast all the spices and grind into a fine powder.
2. Store in a airtight container and can be used in the future.
NOTE: Instead of coconut oil you can use the refined oil also. Coconut oil is used to give more aroma.