- Soak matki for 6 hrs and drain the water.Sprinkle water frequently and keep for 24 hrs to form sprouts of 1-1.5 inches.
- Take marble sized tamarind & soak in 1/2 cup water and boil it and extract the pulp.
- Heat 1 tsp oil and roast the things given in for grinding with green chilli.Please chop the vegetables,ginger,chilli before roasting.Grind them to a smooth paste.
- Peel the skin & cut the Potato into small cubes.
- Steam the matki in cooker in a seperate container and potato in a lid above matki..Mash the potato well.
- Heat oil in a Kadai & splutter mustard.Put sugar & then add onion,saute till light brown.
- Then add redchilli powder,grounded paste & fry till oil comes out of it.Add sprouts,mashed potato,goda masala,garam masala,tamarind extract,water and salt.
- Keep in medium flame.It boils welll and water level reduced and start becoming thick.It should be thick like pav bhaji,Shd be of rassa consistency.switch off the gas.
- Take a large bowl with misal rassa or kat,put 1 tbsp each or tsp each of farsan,chiwda,sev and finely chopped onion,coriander leaves,lemon wedge and serve with pav.
- Misal pav is ready.It should be spicy to combat with pav.if u want to reduce the spicyiness u can add yoghurt while serving.
farsan,chiwda and sev serving can vary for tsp to tbsp and depends on their taste.